Blogs and Blogging (Internet)
- Benfica, a Big-Time Club, Is Going After Small-Time BloggersWhen a Portuguese soccer blog published confidential information about the country’s biggest club, its author had no idea how hard the club would strike back.
- Friday Night Music: Chvrches (Self-indulgent! Not a Column!)Trying once again to restore a blog tradition.
- Joy Reid, MSNBC Host, Apologizes Again as More Incendiary Blog Posts SurfaceMs. Reid’s decade-old blog, which contained homophobic posts, also promoted a 9/11 conspiracy and an insulting photo of Senator John McCain.
- Joy Reid Says She Did Not Write ‘Hateful Things’ but Cannot Prove HackingThe MSNBC host, whose recently resurfaced former blog posts include homophobic sentiments, discussed the controversy on her show on Saturday.
- To Criticize Duterte in Public, ‘Inhale Courage and Exhale Fear’The threats piled up as Jover Laurio skewered the Philippine leader in anonymity. Since being outed by the government, she has hired bodyguards but changed nothing else.
- Jason Polan Sketches a City in Perpetual MotionFor nearly 10 years, the illustrator has worked to commemorate the stray moments within the routines of New York’s millions of inhabitants.
- Chinese Censors Have New Target: Celebrity NewsThe closure of popular blogs devoted to the fashion and foibles of the famous points to heightened sensitivities ahead of a major Communist Party meeting.
- The Ringer, Bill Simmons’s Site, Will Switch Its Host to Vox MediaThe move by The Ringer, which will maintain editorial independence, is a blow to Medium, which has hosted the sports and culture website since it began last June.
- When You Know It’s Love: Making You Feel CalmMolly Yeh, a lifestyle blogger, didn’t get butterflies when she began dating Nick Hagen. “With him I was the best version of myself,” she said.
- That Solo Travel Blogger? She Just Wants a VacationBloggers are finding that their depiction of a carefree life driven by wanderlust takes a lot of work to keep up.