Blogs and Blogging (Internet)
- Deadspin’s Last Staff Member Quits. But Deadspin Is Not Dead, the Boss Says.The site’s editorial team, more than 20 journalists, resigned after an instance of what they saw as meddling by G/O Media.
- ‘An Exorcism Must Be Done’: An Anti-Putin Shaman Sets Off UnrestWith discontent growing in Russia, a mystic, helped by a video-blogging cabby, set off unheard-of protests in one of Siberia’s biggest cities.
- Would You Write a Cookbook for Next to Nothing?A crop of publishers offers would-be authors very low or no advances, and may ask them to forgo royalties or sign nondisclosure agreements.
- Justice Department Newsletter Included Extremist Blog PostA national union for the judges said the blog post “directly attacks sitting immigration judges with racial and ethnically tinged slurs.”
- What’s Next for Tumblr?Tumblr has a new owner who wants it to remain a happy home for weirdos.
- How Do We Say ‘Have a Good Night’? Let Us Count the WaysOur Evening Briefing writer tailors each of her signoffs to a lighthearted news item of the day.
- Deb Perelman’s Work Diary: The ‘Smitten Kitchen’ Is Open (Even When the Cook Is Sick)The cooking-site founder still does almost everything herself — from groceries to dishes to Instagram.
- What the Influencer Couple Has to Say About That Viral Proposal SchemeGenuine or not? You decide. Either way, it was an engagement, and marketing plan, made for Instagram.
- On Motherhood and ‘This One Thing That People Don’t Share’The voyeuristic consolations of the “Motherhood Sessions” podcast.
- In China, a $30,000 Penalty for Maligning a Building’s Feng ShuiA blogger warned of “heart-piercing” and “noxious” energy at a Beijing building. A Chinese court disagreed.