Blogs and Blogging (Internet)
- Monica Roberts, Transgender Advocate and Journalist, Dies at 58Ms. Roberts started her blog, TransGriot, in 2006, at a time when coverage of transgender issues by the mainstream media was limited.
- In Lockdown, an 86-Year-Old Blogger Finds an Audience and a New PurposeWriting every day for weeks on end, she appealed to readers across the world. ‘That’ll be my role,’ she said. ‘To cheer people up.’
- I’m Still Reading Andrew Sullivan. But I Can’t Defend Him.He’s one of the most influential journalists of the last three decades, but he’s shadowed by a 1994 magazine cover story that claimed to show a link between race and I.Q.
- All Dressed Up and Nowhere to GoRobbed of a real-life stage, the frustrated fashion faithful continue to pull out all the stops on Instagram.
- After Quitting Deadspin in Protest, They’re Starting a New SiteThe journalists who took part in a staff rebellion last year are starting Defector Media, a company with a podcast and a website dedicated to sports and culture.
- Newspaper’s Top Editor Is Now a ‘Homeless’ BloggerA 54-year-old journalist lost his job running an Indiana newspaper, as well as the apartment that went with it. He moved to a Motel 6.
- Mel Baggs, Blogger on Autism and Disability, Dies at 39Candid blog posts and a widely viewed short film sought to expand the very definition of what it means to be human.
- I Do Things Differently From My Wife. And That’s OK.How she folds laundry bugs me, and how I bag groceries galls her — but we don’t fight about it anymore.
- Putin’s Long War Against American ScienceA decade of health disinformation promoted by President Vladimir Putin of Russia has sown wide confusion, hurt major institutions and encouraged the spread of deadly illnesses.
- Yet Another Vermont Police Chief Quits Over Fake Social Media AccountsTwo Burlington police chiefs who created fake social media accounts to attack critics resigned within months of each other.